Well - we are at the end of the best season yet for Sula II since Forth Boat Tours
bought her from the Marr family in 2011. There have been few days that the weather has prevented her from sailing
and it has been a very good summer.
This year too, Sula II ventured further afield for the first time in forty
two years when she took part in the sail at South Queensferry to celebrate the
fiftieth anniversary of the Forth Road Bridge. A great time was had by all that day.
In 2015 Sula II also is fifty years old and will go on the ‘Historic
Ships Register’ as one of the few remaining craft of her kind still sailing UK
We will be starting our 2015 season in April and our new timetable will be posted online by the beginning of March.
We look forward to seeing you on board.
Boat Trips from North Berwick around Bass Rock and Craigleith on the Sula II
Welcome to Sula II, the traditional sea-going launch that provides boat trips from North Berwick harbour to the world famous Bass Rock and Craigleith (“The Craig”).
It's a wonderful experience for you and all the family. You can get a family ticket and under three year-olds go free. You can even bring the dog.
See and experience at close-quarters the scale and wild nature of the Bass Rock and the amazing Gannets that inhabit it during the summer months. The voyage gives you a real taste of the sea in all its moods.
Sula II is owned and operated by Forth Boat Tours. We are a small, local, family-run company and we look forward to welcoming you on board.
Choose to visit Bass Rock on Sula II
- We tour at a pace that allows you time to enjoy the ride.
- We provide an informed commentary during the boat trip.
- There is no lower age limit for children (Infants go free) - all the family (and the dog!) is welcome.
- We meet all health and safety requirements.
- A unique experience awaits you, no matter how many times you make the trip.
- (The Sula II is an open boat - so please dress for the weather.)